Heatkiller IV Pro problem Intel rampage vi extreme

Heatkiller IV Pro problem Intel rampage vi extreme

hi I'm having a serious problem Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Intel - Copper Ni, we are sure it is compatible with the Socket 2066?
      I explain in any way the mount (any side) with the socket screws 2066 does not adhere perfectly there is a side that does not take the thermal paste I tried everything I thought was the delid is I tried with another cpu without delid but the proplema persists and I find myself with much warmer cores
      as a motherboard is an asus rampage vi extreme and cpu intel 7820x
      Hey Superino,
      we are not sure if we are fully understanding what your problem is.
      - You wrote about a delidded CPU and incomplete contact and thermal paste spread. Did you reapply the IHS? If so, by which method? Or are you trying to mount the block directly on the die?
      - In which orientation are you trying to mount the block onto the CPU?
      - Have you tried placing the block in another orientation?
      - How much thermal paste have you been using, and how was it placed or spread?

Can you please provide a few pictures to explain both your mounting situation and your uneven thermal paste spread?

/Edit: seems our answers overlapped. Please understand that we are a small company, so we do not employ dozens of people in support. But a response time from under 24 hours seems still pretty good, in our opinion.
      Is there a customized HEATKILLER water block for my...
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Twitter | facebook | instagram
      Can you identify which side doesn't make full contact? Have you tried turning the block by 90°, so that the ports are aligned above each other? Can you please provide a pic of the underside of the coldplate, so we can see the TIM spread footprint? Which TIM did you use, how much of it, and applied by what?
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Hm. It seems weird. Judging from your pics, the imprint on the IHS looks fine, but the footprint on the coldplate doesn't.

- What kind of TIM are you using? How much are you using, and how are you spreading it?
      - You said that you tried mounting the block in all four different positions, every time with the result of bad contact. Can you identify WHERE the bad contact was? Was it always in the same corner of the CPU socket, or was it always in the same corner of the waterblock?
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Hey Superino,
      all of this sounds very weird. In 10.000 sold units, we have not had one case like this. Can you please send the block, including the mounting hardware, back to us, so we can investigate it? If the block should be faulty, we will, of course, send you a completely new block as a replacement and carry all shipping costs!
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...

Jakob schrieb:

Hey Superino,
      all of this sounds very weird. In 10.000 sold units, we have not had one case like this. Can you please send the block, including the mounting hardware, back to us, so we can investigate it? If the block should be faulty, we will, of course, send you a completely new block as a replacement and carry all shipping costs!

I add more photos, but I have to pay the shipping for Germany?
      i68.tinypic.com/22bxfm.jpg
      i65.tinypic.com/oigco5.jpg
      For the future, anyone having a problem like this where no matter how the CPU water block is mounted, the same side of the CPU IHS doesn't make good contact with the said water block, check the upper edge of the IHS.

I had a 5930K (the actual brand and model isn't the point) where the IHS had a small ridge of material that stuck up above the top of the IHS around one corner. It was very hard to notice unless you know to look for it. I discovered this after my temps were too high.

I removed the CPU water block and CPU inspected them. The CPU water block had a small mark left on it, which then prompted me to look carefully at the CPU IHS. It was then I noticed this extra metal on the edge of the CPU IHS. A Jeweler's File took care of the problem in seconds. The next few test mountings were perfect and in the end, the temps were fine.

questors schrieb:

For the future, anyone having a problem like this where no matter how the CPU water block is mounted, the same side of the CPU IHS doesn't make good contact with the said water block, check the upper edge of the IHS.

I had a 5930K (the actual brand and model isn't the point) where the IHS had a small ridge of material that stuck up above the top of the IHS around one corner. It was very hard to notice unless you know to look for it. I discovered this after my temps were too high.

I removed the CPU water block and CPU inspected them. The CPU water block had a small mark left on it, which then prompted me to look carefully at the CPU IHS. It was then I noticed this extra metal on the edge of the CPU IHS. A Jeweler's File took care of the problem in seconds. The next few test mountings were perfect and in the end, the temps were fine.

Thanks for sharing!
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...