AMD TR4 ThreadRipper/Vega 64 Heatkiller waterblock compatibility with cryofuel dye and silver coil.

AMD TR4 ThreadRipper/Vega 64 Heatkiller waterblock compatibility with cryofuel dye and silver coil.

I recently finished installing my new HK TR4 and Vega 64 FE waterblocks. The combination produces excellent temperatures. I was using a Enermax 240 CPU cooler before and air cooling my VegaFE.

If modestly stress testing the GPU/CPU by reducing prime95 cores and running superimposition at lower resolution, the thermal throttling would always kick-in – especially the VegaFE. Both CPU/GPU now stays below 60c when prime95/superposition are running full bore.

I have a concern that I found in forum about whether a silver coil and dye can cause corrosion on nickel plated parts. I am using EKWB cryo-fuel concrentrate and distilled water. Someone made a comment that cryo-fuel is rebranded Mayhem additive. I added a silver coil inside the loop for extra insurance. I don’t want to hurt my new waterblocks. What is the manufacturer recommendation?
      A silver kill coil will result in galvanic corrosion of nickel parts, leading to ultimately the nickel peeling off. This is an inevitable physical reaction. It can only be prevented by adding corrosion inhibitors to the fluid which will. We do not fully know EK Cryo-Fuel beyond their publicly available descriptions. But those state that it will act as a corrosion inhibitor AND biocide at the same time.

So, your loop should be safe from galvanic corrosion. But since the only use of a silver kill coil is growth prevention, and this job is already done by the additive, we would recommend getting rid of the silver altogether and eliminating the very source of possible corrosion.
      Is there a customized HEATKILLER water block for my...
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Twitter | facebook | instagram