Possible heatkiller iv pro damage

Possible heatkiller iv pro damage

So my cpu died and it was a socket 2011-3, i had to put my old pc back together which was a socket 1155 but i didnt have the backing plate to use my heatkiller iv pro with that particular motherboard. i had the backing plate from ek evo supremacy on there and the heatkiller fit on there so i thought it would be ok to mount it using that backing plate as it was already installed on that board and i didnt have the backing plate for the heatkiller iv pro. is it possible i could have damaged my heatkiller iv pro using that mounting system. my temps have been weird since i put my new pc back together. any thoughts would be helpful. =O =O =O
      Hello newrisingsun,
      first of all, you do not need a backplate to install a Heatkiller IV on a socket 115X. Please check the manual for detailed instructions and refer to this installation scetch:

We do not know competitors' hardware specifications, so it might very well possible that EK uses other tolerances, measurements, length of screws and so on. You will most likely not have damaged the Heatkiller IV, but it seems as if you didn't achieve optimal mounting pressure on the CPU. This could lead to very bad temperatures or even damage the CPU or the socket.

Please remove the EK backplate and install the Heatkiller according to above illustration and manual. This way, you will have a safe and powerful setup.
      Is there a customized HEATKILLER water block for my...
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Twitter | facebook | instagram
      i misread that, i thought you needed a backing bplate for the 1155, my mistake. my heatkiller is currently on a socket 2011-3. but when i installed it i accidently put two of the metal washers on one of the mounting bolts. just gettting really bad temps on this thing. not sure if i screwed up the heatkiller waterblock. i fear i may have warped the heatsink :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „newrisingsun“ ()

It's almost impassible to damage your CPU due to thermals, your PC would shot down first before anything anything else, unless your M/B has issues.

Also, Its almost impossible to physically damage that block itself, its build like a tank , unless you strip the threads itself, or drop the block from far enough distance but other than that :!: I have 3 of the Nickle version, running 2 of my 2011 and 1x 2011-3 and temperatures are fantastic, better than any block I've own so far.

Neu

newrisingsun schrieb:

i misread that, i thought you needed a backing bplate for the 1155, my mistake. my heatkiller is currently on a socket 2011-3. but when i installed it i accidently put two of the metal washers on one of the mounting bolts. just gettting really bad temps on this thing. not sure if i screwed up the heatkiller waterblock. i fear i may have warped the heatsink :(

Hey newrisingsun,
      if you're getting bad temps, it seems as if something during installation went wrong. Please take the block off. Make sure that you removed the plastic sticker on the bottom of the cold plate. Then, please reinstall it according to the manual.

If you installed it with two washers on one stud and none on another, your mounting pressure isn't optimal, and the block can't make perfect contact with the IHS. But the brackets are made from stainless steel, you cannot warp them that easily ;)
      Is there a customized HEATKILLER water block for my...
      GPU | Motherboard

Follow us on...
      Twitter | facebook | instagram